Saturday, August 6, 2011

New York day 6, City Scenery!

Everywhere I look there is something interesting and a little different to snap a picture of! My camera has been practically attached to me, and I must look like a complete tourist as im taking pictures on the subway haha! There is so much diversity and contrast here.

image_1

I love it when a picture is symmetrical.... but lately I have really enjoyed making them intentionally a little off balance. In the subway picture above, I intentionally focused on a rail that was off center.... I like that your eye has to do a little searching before you notice what exactly is focused.

image_2

image_3

image_5

image_4

These are all examples of something that is just a little off balance, Am I crazy to think that its really interesting? Maybe I am, but at least im breaking out of my symmetry bubble!

If anyone wants to see something specific, please leave a comment and I will do my best to make it happen! Im having a blast with this blog..... and I hope at least one person enjoys reading it :)

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the 4th picture. The way the textures pop out is brilliant. I love how it brings out the architects ideas when he/they designed the building! Fantastic photo :)

    ReplyDelete